Thursday, April 11, 2013

One Final Note


It’s incredible to think about to where I’ve been, what I’ve done, and how much I have changed in the last 8 months. 8 weeks ago today, I touched down on American soil, and began the transition from missionary life, to life back in America. I wanted to write one last blog before wrapping this up for good.

            In the last 8 weeks, I sat around Coeur d’ Alene for a while, made a trip down to Santa Barbara to visit my cousin and Loma Linda to visit the nursing school and see some friends, and did a short trip to Walla Walla and Canada. Now I’m back at WWU as a full time student for the last quarter of my sophomore year. Going to class last Monday as a student, for the first time in 9 months, felt so abnormal. The few days since have become more normal and my roommate this quarter is also a returned SM, so we’re going through the transition together.

            Not a day goes by that I don’t think about Cambodia, my kids, and the school. My dorm room is COVERED in pictures from my 6 months overseas and I find myself sitting at my desk just staring at them. The impact that the country and people of Cambodia made on my life is truly remarkable. I know God put me there for reasons far bigger than I can ever comprehend. Though I hope I made an impact there, the mark Cambodia has left on me will never fade.

            I want to thank everyone, once again, who sponsored us, and for the countless thoughts and prayers, letters and packages Amber and I received while we were overseas. We are truly blessed to have so many people that support and care for us, and without you, we could never have done it.

            The 6 months I spent in Phnom Penh, Cambodia taught me more than any other 6 months have ever taught me. The people there that I love and miss so dearly will always hold an irreplaceable spot in my heart. The world has shown and taught me so many new things this year, now it’s time to see what else it has to offer.

Thank you all, again. God bless!

-Alex 



No comments:

Post a Comment